This is a very exciting release as it marks the last of the core areas needed before we can release the first beta. While there are still several smaller things to finish, we are certainly at the home stretch. This means that your feedback is more important than ever.
Working with the Ninja Forms 3.0 Alphas
If this is your first Ninja Forms 3.0 Alpha install:
- DO NOT attempt to install this release on a live website.
- DO install this on a clean WordPress install; by this we mean a completely new WordPress installation to which Ninja Forms 2.9.x or earlier has never been installed.
- There will be database conflicts if you install this alongside 2.9.x, even if 2.9.x has been deactivated or deleted.
- This release is not in a complete state. Please see our previous Alpha posts for an in-depth look at what we’ve been testing or check out below for a quick overview of previously looked at features.
If you are updating from Alpha 1 0r Alpha 2:
- This release can be installed in the same WordPress installation as previous Alphas.
- Restore Mock Data to repopulate the default forms in your WordPress under the Forms menu before testing
Previously in the Ninja Forms Alphas
Previous we’ve tested the following items. You can still comment on these items, but they aren’t the main focus any longer.
- Building your Forms – This included adding, deleting, duplicating, and re-ordering fields. It also included updating available settings for fields.
- Previewing your Form – Making sure fields displayed as expected after making changes or updating settings.
- The Undo Manager – Make changes to everything with the form builder and make sure the when you click the history icon by the Publish button that the drawer reflects the changes you made. Undo individual changes and bulk changes and make sure your form is reverted back to those states.
- Emails & Actions – Included adding, deleting, duplicating, and editing Emails & Actions as well as undoing these actions with the Undo Manager.
On to the new stuff…
New in Alpha 4 – Baker
We want you feedback on anything you see, but here is specifically what’s new in this release:
- A new Advanced tab next to the already established Fields and Emails & Actions tabs. Play around with these advanced settings and make sure that they function as you would expect. Are they clear? Can you view them in the Undo Manager and do they undo properly?
- We’ve added back in the submissions manager so you can now view and edit submissions. Please play around with this section and make sure it’s acting properly.
**Again, if updating from a previous Alpha, please be sure to Restore Mock Data under Forms in the WordPress Dashboard before you begin or you will not see these changes!
Watch a very quick video that will show you exactly what you should be testing. 🙂
Join the Conversation
To facilitate our conversations on Ninja Forms development we have created a Slack group that anyone can participate in. Here we discuss the latest Alpha release, APIs, and everything else related to the Ninja Forms project. We would love you to join us there and offer your feedback on the Ninja Forms THREE and it’s progress so far.